TRAVEL DIARY

KITCHEN GARDEN

HOUSEPLANTS

On An Island, In The Sun












No place can ever compare to home. I've only explored a small part of my home country, and it's amazing how much beauty there is that I have not yet seen. 

Agho Island is a few hours northeast from Iloilo City. To get there, you have to take a 30 minute pumpboat from Concepcion. Be  sure to drop by their market and grab the stuff you need, because the boats going to Agho have a certain, uhmm, schedule. I think it was like a water carpool from one island to another, if I'm not wrong. 
One thing I'm crazy about is how yummy their dried fish are. I could eat uga for days!

Agho is one of the many lovely islands in the area. I think what makes it beautiful is the fact that there are no commercial establishments in the island, no parties, no booze, not much trash. It remains natural and untouched, if I may say so. 

There's a cottage or two you can sleep in but to get the best experience, you have to bring your tent, sleeping bag or sleep under the stars. Better yet, don't sleep at all. Make a bonfire, stay up all night. Take advantage of the 'no internet' moments and just enjoy the night as it is. Remember how we once lived without Wi-Fi. 
Electricity is accessible but the last time I went there, they switch the electricity off at around 9 PM. If you want it on longer, I believe you have to pay for your own fuel (which they have to get from the mainland via pumpboat). 

Also, if you have not tried sea  urchin before, then you have to Carpe the friggin' Diem and try it there! To be honest though, I wasn't able to try it yet. Lol

There's a small sari-sari store managed by the caretakers so it's not really secluded. Someone told me about the history of this place but it's quite vague. I wasn't very keen about our country's rich history before, but now that I am thousands of nautical miles away, I've found much more appreciation. 

I know people who are better travellers than I am and believe me, they've seen more beauty in the Philippines than I have in my existence. It doesn't stop there though. I can only imagine the things we'll be doing when we get home! 



No comments

Back to Top Displaying slider-fix.txt.