TRAVEL DIARY

KITCHEN GARDEN

HOUSEPLANTS

Capilano Suspension Bridge







To be honest, I was a teensy bit disappointed that my first trip to Capilano Suspension Bridge wasn't all that magical (we went at a bad time). Being afraid of heights, I kind of jotted this one down my bucket list while creating expectations inside my head with he internet as my basis. I loved the idea of walking through a long hanging bridge and being in tune with nature, and I had expected it to look the same when we got there.

Unfortunately, there was a swarm of people crossing the bridge (and everywhere) so it kind of looked like I was in downtown Vancity with no buildings. I am no hater, though, because Capilano itself was a beauty albeit human traffic. Everything was green and cool and I could imagine us listening to sunshiny pop music while sleeping in a hammock way above, if I weren't a scaredy cat.

No, wait, it wasn't really disappointing aside from the part where I wasn't able to take a photo of the bridge itself as a remembrance. My sister and cousin-in-law had a lot of  fun even with the impatient crowd behind us. I hope when we come back next time I can see the Google Image view I was hoping for!

Also, they say it's lovely there during winter / Christmas season, I think the bridges are wrapped with lights -- magical. We hope to see that too!

No comments

Back to Top Displaying slider-fix.txt.