TRAVEL DIARY

KITCHEN GARDEN

HOUSEPLANTS

Deep Cove




There is this one place that my husband and I love to go back to. It's quite far but worth the travel.
It's a small district with a very relaxed vibe. If you're looking to settle your hungry stomach, they have several restuarants you can choose from, and it's all aligned in one street. Beside it is the park with a sign that politely shoos of skateboarders. The park overlooks the refereshing body of water that stretches up to the Indian Arm, and as I have guessed right, is a part of the Burrard Inlet (inside joke, sorry). As I have read, the area is a traditional First Nations territory, which makes it very interesting.

In my opinion, it is paradise to nature lovers and outdoor activity enthusiasts. If you're into hiking, you can go through the Baden-Powell Trail that leads to Quarry Rock, an awesome lookout point. It was not as rough a trail as the Grouse Grind and one part of the trail can lead you to Lynn Valley. 


Aside from its close proximity to the Twilight-y forest, you can also find yachts (including one that looked like a mini-pirate ship) in the area. Another popular activity is canoeing, rowing, and stand up paddle boarding. I have always wanted to try the latter, but it requires lessons before they allow you to go paddle boarding on your own. Mind you, the water is freezing! Maybe because the end of summer was fast approaching when we decided to dip our feet in the cold salt water.


I'm quite curious how this place looks in winter time. I guess we'll have to see!



Side Note:


I have long wondered what "Indian Arm" was, so I consulted by bestfriend, Google. I have recently just read that Indian Arm is a Fjord. A fjord. Once again, I resorted to wiki to find out what a fjord is. Clearly, I was not listening in class when I was younger. 


It came to my knowledge (or so I have it somewhere buried deep within my cobwebbed memory) that a fjord is a narrow inlet with steep cliffs formed by eroding glaciers from a long time ago. Interesting as it is, Indian Arm was said to have form during the ice age. Now I know.


No comments

Back to Top Displaying slider-fix.txt.