TRAVEL DIARY

KITCHEN GARDEN

HOUSEPLANTS

Grass Stained Knees

Went to Victoria, B.C. for the long weekend. We didn't have much time to spend last week so we took time off to go a short trip. I've always loved being on the road at work, sans the high heels and casual skirts for my uniform. 

Anyhow, we spent our first day in Victoria swimming and eating (we had lunch at Denny's, ha!), but most of our day was spent walking (which I liked a lot). Me and Benjo walked along Holland Point Trail, took photos of each other, and climbed the rocks and steep path walks, eventually leading us to a bench near the cliff. It was a little cold but the view was stunning --- roaring waves, the noisy sea breeze, itchy green grass and of course, flowers. I was quality time well spent, I must say. And mind you, we do take our selfies seriously. Kidding aside, we have always loved capturing each other's moments. He's the only person I'm comfortable with to take photos of me, I don't find it awkward when he asks me to pose. Also, we know each other's moves and angles so well we're sure we'll always capture each other's good shots.  I think our  dynamics is getting smoother and more natural.

Anyway,we got hungry after all the climbing, snaps, and stills so we decided to walk back downtown. We were supposed to have dinner at Blue Fox Cafe unfortunately it was closed. So we walked some more until we reached Brio Cafe and fine dined with our grass stained knees and clothes. It was definitely good food, sort of for the classy (or the willing-to-spend) Victoria populace. Benjo had the Still Meadows Pork Farm Feature and I had Grilled Rare Albacore Tuna. Note that I had to google Brio Cafe's menu to get these. 

After dinner we burned some calories by walking to the bus stop, until we decided to just walk home. It was kind of far but refreshing. Passed by a couple of cops shoving a man into the car, ahhh finally something familiar. We reached our hotel around 11 P.M. 













No comments

Back to Top Displaying slider-fix.txt.