TRAVEL DIARY

KITCHEN GARDEN

HOUSEPLANTS

Songbird Meadow








Take a hike in Lighthouse Park, the trails are not so difficult. If you take the main trail, it will lead you to the lighthouse in within 5 minutes, but where's the fun in that? So, to spice things up, I took charge of the navigation and got us lost. Is it safe to say that women's sense of navigation is not as strong as their intuitions? I know my biological GPS sucks. Me + maps don't really go together well, but that is why I married my husband. He really makes up for what I lack. In our relationship, he's more of the navigator, so to speak.

Anyhow, it took us a few hours to get to our destination, but of course we took our time to enjoy the view, take pictures, and of course, argue about the trail. From what I can remember, I took us to Barred Owl trail then took a turn to Seven Sisters. When you make your way through the Seven Sisters Trail, remember to stop and turn to your left where the sign "Songbird Meadow" points to. There, you will find a clearing with an outdoor amphitheatre.

It looked like an abandoned, rustic outdoor cinema in fiction movies, where the residents of the forest (I will leave that to your imagination) would gather at night and watch a movie under the stars. The log seats were covered in moss and ferns lined the grass carpeted clearing.

Imagine the movie FernGully.  It was one of my favourite stops during the hike, that's for sure!


No comments

Back to Top Displaying slider-fix.txt.